The St. Patrick’s Day Parade 2012, here in Thurles will take place on Sunday 18th March and this year the programme of events is bigger and better than ever before.
- Monday 12th to Monday 19th:- Prizes for best dressed window and for best traditional window.
- Friday 8pm:- Ceili in Band Room (Organised by Thurles Set Dancing Club) music by ‘The Suirside Ceili Band.’
Sunday 18th March: Day of Parade
- From 2:00pm in Liberty Square:- Free open air concert with Philip English & his band. Philip is one of the top Country and Irish singers in the country and anyone who feels like dancing to his music is welcome to do just that.
- From 2:00pm to 5:00pm in Liberty Square:- Mobile Farm Unit (Under the Supervision of Agri-Aware)
- From 2:00pm to 5:00pm in Liberty Square:- Professional Street Entertainers.
- From 2.45pm Parade Commences, starting in Abbey Road offering this year a prize fund of over €3,000, to participants taking part.
Already confirmed as taking part in this year’s Thurles St. Patrick’s Parade:-
A Viking Re-enactment group. Roman Army Re-enactment group. Seven marching bands. Six Schools and their floats. Numerous Vintage items. Numerous Large Floats. Local Sports Groups. Walking Groups. Commercial entries and much, much more.
St. Patrick’s Day in Thurles would not be complete without Dancing in The Premier Ballroom from 9:00pm to 12:00 midnight, (Organised by ‘The Club for Dancing,’) with music by ‘Checkers.’
There will be the presentation of prizes at 4:45pm in Liberty Square.